- It helps to maintain the entire body in a better physical condition.
- It reduces the possibility of injury and the loss of mobility, especially in high-risk areas and potential trouble-spots.
- It can aid in the cure of injured muscle tissue and restore mobility.
- It can boost athletic performance and enhance endurance.
- It can extend both the good health and overall life of a sporting “career”.
Sports massage is for anyone who exercises or seeks to improve their general physical fitness.
- Physically, the pressures of massage along the flow of the lymphatic and venous systems encourages blood with oxygen and other substances (which are essential for repair and growth) to be pumped more effectively through the body. This aids the restoration of normal tissue condition. The process also facilitates the exchange of fluids and helps in the removal of waste products, such as lactic acid. Massage will also stretch muscle fibres and the fascia surrounding muscles, breaking down scar tissue and adhesions.
- Physiologically, massage aids in the reduction of muscle pain and enhances relaxation.
- Psychologically, the client will feel stimulated with a feeling of warmth and readiness to perform. Anxiety may also be relieved.